Database Engineer III
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
365体育备用网站Mailchimp’s Engineering team is responsible for code and infrastructure that makes that possible. Database Engineering team members work closely with product domain representatives and other teams such as SRE, Data Services, Application Performance, Networking, and Infra Ops to provide the data infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward. We take a pragmatic and practical approach to our stack; we use tried and true components and build our own logic and complexity on top of well understood building blocks. We are growing fast and need people who can help advance our infrastructure to take care of the needs of today and tomorrow.
We are seeking an individual to be a part of the Database Engineering team with a focus on maintaining, growing, and improving our database infrastructure and instrumentation. You will have experience working in a dynamic environment where you are responsible for multiple database technologies (primarily MySQL and Spanner) across thousands of database instances and related tooling. You should enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting production issues as well as planning the future of our infrastructure. You are not afraid to programmatically tackle problems or to make pragmatic decisions when implementing new engineering solutions. Finally, you will be instrumental in helping grow the knowledge of your team members.
- Facilitate the use of database infrastructure and standards throughout the company
- Contribute development of existing services and tooling
- Share production incident and post incident response, including rotational on-call responsibilities
- Participate in and facilitate learning opportunities for other team members
- Collaborates in defining the holistic and long term goals for the team
- Works to develop empathy for other disciplines within an engineering org, and uses their understanding to help the team make better decisions
- Leading technical projects and collaborate with others to accomplish shared goals
- Acts as an informed communicator of the team's work
- Experience with cloud services, relational databases, and other datastores
- Experience writing tools and services (using PHP, Golang, Python or Bash)
- Demonstrated experience delivering work and contributing to projects
- Demonstrated experience participating inclusive working groups to solve problems
- Working knowledge of clustering, sharding, replication and high availability solutions
- Linux production experience and networking knowledge
Bonus points for
- Familiarity with other pieces of our technical stack (ProxySQL, MHA/Orchestrator, CloudProxy, Postgres/RDS, Kibana, Elasticsearch, Elastalert, Prometheus, Airflow)
- Background automating, administering, and scaling a multi-petabyte database infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience of establishing and socializing standards for the company to use
- Experience with GDPR and other related regulatory or compliance requirements
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and . Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Oakland and are happy to have a growing office right downtown, especially convenient to the BART.
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic , right on the . We offer our employees an , extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble365体育备用网站, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.